To register to vote you must:

  • be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the state of Kansas.
  • have reached the age of 18 years before the next election.
  • have received final discharge from imprisonment, parole, or conditional release if convicted of a felony.
  • have abandoned your former residence and/or name.


Voter Registration Application – Online

Kansas Voter Registration Application – Paper form


If you are registering for the first time in Kansas, you must submit evidence of U.S. citizenship.

A list of acceptable citizenship documents can be found here.

After completing the online application:

  • Upload a scanned copy of your citizenship document in PDF format at the end of the online application process.


  • Mail, fax, email or hand deliver a copy of your citizenship document  to our office at:

Washington County Election Office

214 C Street

Washington, KS 66945

FAX: 785-325-2303


Registration closes 21 days before the election and re-opens the day after the election.

You must re-register each time you change your name, address, or party affiliation for voting.


Rules concerning voter registration applications submitted without Proof of Citizenship

This notice covers persons who have applied to register to vote and have not yet provided proof of citizenship. Due to recent court rulings, if you have applied to register to vote at a Kansas Division of Motor Vehicles office or if you have applied to register to vote using the “Federal Form”
voter registration applications (as opposed to the standard ‘state form’) and have not yet provided proof of citizenship, you are registered to vote for the November 8, 2016, general election. Your name will appear on the Poll Pad for your voting location and you will be given a standard ballot. There is nothing further you need to provide subject only to further official notice.


If you have any questions concerning your eligibility or this notice you may contact the Washington County election office or the Secretary of State’s office at (800) 262-8683.



How can I get an Advance (Absentee) ballot?

If you can not vote in person on Election Day, you may request an advance/absentee ballot. Ballots can be mailed starting 20 days before the election. Click the below link to fill out the application, sign it, and return it to the County Election Office.

Advance Voting Ballot Application

An advance ballot will be mailed to you, (or you may vote the ballot in the Clerk’s office). If by mail, you must return the advance ballot to the Clerk’s Office by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.


Where do I vote?

Generally you vote at the polling place that is closest to your residence. They are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on election day. If you are unsure of where to vote, visit the below links to determine the correct polling location.

Polling Site Map


Online Polling Place Search



For Extra Information Visit –

Vote Kansas

Got Voter ID?